We've been hard at work the last several weeks improving Onslaught! after entering in the Boing Boing contest (Post-mortem coming soon!).
Now we're entering Onslaught! in the Freeplay Awards with bunches of bug fixes and gameplay enhancements such as:
- Brief invincibility when you get hit
- Improved the "30 second experience" by giving the player two weapons to start
- You can now cycle through your weapons with Z and X
- Cyclops now throw rocks or energy balls
- Improved the "waves" flow with gates opening/close
- You can now pause the game by pressing P
- Various behind-the-curtains improvements and bug fixes
- Pain and death animations
- Demoblin now gets near you and throws tridents
- New title
- Tweaked the hell out of gameplay
- Added dragon boss!
- Hit point bars for dragon and superclops
- Got rid of rocks in favor of swords
- How to play screen
Sounds great, right?
Play Onslaught! v0.2!
As always, we love feedback so leave us some comments here on the blog or in our forums.
(Matt scored around 500k the other night during testing, please take him down a notch and post screenshots of your higher scores!)
Follow author @geoffblair